REQUIREMENTS FOR POOL-DECK ACCESS
IMPORTANT NOTICE -
ATTENTION: COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, and OFFICIALS
To ensure compliance with all Safe Sport laws and regulations and to continue to strengthen our ability to protect youth in our care from abuse, ALL coaches and volunteers/officials must complete the following steps to participate in the YMCA Short Course National Championship.
Additional details can be found at the main link to the article (Updated) and the YMCA Child Abuse Prevent Policy
- COMPLETE ANNUAL TRAINING: ALL coaches and volunteers/officials participating in the YMCA of the USA (Y-USA)'s National Championships, must have taken an approved online or in-person training course from Safe Sport, USA Swimming, or Praesidium (registration code to access training: yusa_swim) after April 5, 2018 (i.e. within the last year)
- Remember to keep a copy of your training completion certificate. You will need this to attend YMCA National Championships
- SIGN & ACKNOWLEDGE CODE OF CODE OF CONDUCT: All Coaches and volunteers/officials must read and sign the YMCA of the USA's National Championship Code of Conduct
REMINDER: Background Screening Policy
- PRESENT DOCUMENTS at CHECK-IN: All attending/participating coaches will need to present their training completion certificate and the complete 4 pages with signature from the Code of Conduct at Team Check-in. Officials will present their documents during officials check-in, and volunteers will present their documents to the Meet Volunteer coordinator or the Officials Coordinator at check-in
- COACHES -All coaches attending the Championship must have cleared a background screening within the past 2 years. This background screening is the responsibility of the coach and his/her YMCA and will be verified by the signature of the executive director or CEO on the team's Meet Declaration Form. Currently registered members of USA-S may have already met this requirement.
- VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS/TIMERS -Each Volunteer, Official and Timer is subject to a background check to be performed by the Championship Meet Committee at no cost to the individual.
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
||Visits: 1031 |