SAFE SPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR POOL-DECK ACCESS
To ensure compliance with all Safe Sport laws and regulations and to continue to strengthen our ability to protect youth in our care from abuse, ALL coaches, volunteers/officials, and competing athletes age 18 and older must complete the following steps to participate in the YMCA Long Course National Championship.
ATTENTION: COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, OFFICIALS and ADULT ATHLETES (18 and older)
- COMPLETE ANNUAL TRAINING: ALL coaches and volunteers/officials, and athletes participating in the YMCA of the USA (Y-USA)'s National Championship, must have taken an approved training course from Safe Sport, USA Swimming LEARN, Safe Sport training provided at their local YMCA or Praesidium since August 3 2018 (the past 12 months)
- Remember to keep a copy of your training completion certificate from the class you took. You will need to present a copy of this to attend YMCA National Championships
- SIGN & ACKNOWLEDGE CODE OF CODE OF CONDUCT: All Coaches, volunteers/officials, and athletes 18 and over must read and sign the YMCA of the USA's National Championship Code of Conduct
REMINDER: Background Screening Policy
- PRESENT DOCUMENTS at CHECK-IN: All attending/participating coaches, volunteers/officials, and athletes 18 and over will need to present their training completion certificate and the complete 4 pages with their signature of the Code of Conduct. See FAQ on Approved Training Complete Certificates
- Coaches and athletes (18 and over) will present their documents at Coach/Team Check-in.
- Officials will present their documents during officials check-in,
- Volunteers will present their documents to the Meet Volunteer coordinator or the Officials Coordinator at check-in
- COACHES -All coaches attending the Championship must have cleared a background screening within the past 2 years. This background screening is the responsibility of the coach and his/her YMCA and will be verified by the signature of the executive director or CEO on the team's Meet Declaration Form. Currently registered members of USA-S may have already met this requirement.
- VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS/TIMERS -Each Volunteer, Official and Timer is subject to a background check to be performed by the Championship Meet Committee at no cost to the individual.
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
||Visits: 27 |